So that was it with my plan to post regularly at least once per week. Instead of taking advantage of the holidays to finally spend quality time with children and husband, skiing, reading and cuddling, the flu virus found us and incapacitated all of us completely. Since we couldn’t get outside the house, a lot of time went into reading, Netflix, laying around, but also cooking and baking. Meanwhile, everyone is healthy again and I return with a recipe whose outcome will change your life. In the positive sense of course. Because, you guys, we’re talking about the best brownies in the world.
Of course I’m aware that everyone can say that. However, this recipe was preceded by long empirical studies, many failed attempts and several changes. So what you see here is a really idiot proof method to make delicious brownies with lots of dark chocolate in the exact right consistency.
The main thing is that you follow the instructions as closely as possible – a brownie is not a chocolate cake in the conventional sense. In contrast to the cake, it is perfect when it is not completely baked, but still sticky, fudgy and soft inside.
Bake it as soon as possible, it will be worth it, believe me!
World’s best chocolate brownies
Zutaten / Ingredients
- 285 g butter
- 225 g dark chocolate 70% cocoa
- 90 g cocoa powder unsweetened
- 400 g castor sugar
- 110 g brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 big eggs
- 125 g all-purpose flour
- fleur de sel for sprinkling
- butter and baking sheet for the baking tin
Anleitung / Instructions
- First, we prepare the baking tin: grease it with a little butter and line it with parchment paper. The paper should stick as smoothly as possible to the inside of the tin, so cut to size if necessary.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C top and bottom heat.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and mix it in a mixing bowl with half of the cocoa powder.
- Melt the butter and immediatly add it to the chocolate. Leave it for approx. two minutes, so that the chocolate can warm up well and become soft. The mixture will be easier to stir that way.
- Stir well with a whisk until you get a smooth chocolate cream. Set aside.
- In a second mixing bowl, mix the sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract and salt.
- Stir in the eggs gradually, preferably with a food processor or hand mixer. When all the eggs are incorporated, continue stirring for 10 minutes on high speed, which guarantees the sticky, delicate consistency of the brownies.
- Then add the liquid butter-chocolate mixture, stirring constantly until everything is evenly mixed together.
- Sift the flour with the second half of the cocoa powder – this helps to avoid knots in the dough. Lift the mixture under the liquid dough with circular motions until a smooth, even mixture is obtained.
- Fill the dough into the baking tin and smooth it with a dough scraper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Take it out of the oven and whack the tin vigorously onto the kitchen plate a couple of times. As a result, the still liquid dough spreads more evenly and the brownies will all be the same height.
- Sprinkle with a little Fleur de Sel and bake for about another 25-30 minutes. Test with a skewer – if chocolate is still stuck on the skewer, the brownies are done.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Cut into equal squares and enjoy!
kitcheniestAugust 28, 2021 at 6:58 am
Ok so there are so many recipes out there claiming to be the best but I get disappointed every time I try them. I’ll admit I was hesitant to try these because of that. But may god help me these are the best brownies I’ve ever baked. Your instructions are spot on and I love that you included weight measurements. My kids have claimed this recipe now as the new family dessert and have ordered I make them every weekend for them. And you were right about the smells in the kitchen! It was like a chocolate bakery in here! Highly recommend this recipe to anyone looking for the best brownies in the world. Fudgy chewy crackly and gooey just as she promised. Thanks
lounge20September 6, 2021 at 7:29 am
Thank you so much for this great review and your kind words – I´m so glad you liked the recipe! Have a great day, Patricia
Laurie RasorSeptember 6, 2021 at 6:12 am
Have A Good Day
lounge20September 6, 2021 at 7:28 am
Thanks for the great rating! Have a great day too 🙂