Since last week, we officially launched summer 2019. Close to the 30° C, sun and blue sky; of course, it is obvious that we spend the days mostly outside. Especially on days like this, I´m not really willing to prepare food that is associated with a lot of effort and time. It should be as quick as possible, easily digestible and yet saturating. This is how this delicious dish was born, which tasted so good that I would like to share the result with you: spaghetti with caramelized tomatoes and burratta.
Pasta is always my choice when it needs to be uncomplicated, quick and for many people. You can easily prepare a real feast for your family and friends – also with their help of course. What could be more beautiful and relaxing when you cook, eat and enjoy the evening together? You also do not need to pull of a high end table decoration, cloth napkins or tablecloths; a few tea lights in glasses and some flowers fresh from the field do the job too. Just grab a plate, a fork and a spoon and let’s go!
The central part of this spaghetti with caramelized tomatoes is the parsley pesto, which I already shared with you here. As a dessert, you can also serve something light and simple: how about this fast mascarpone dessert with chocolate cookies (in German) or a creamy cheesecake?
Bon appétit you guys, have a great time!
Spaghetti with caramelized tomatoes and burratta
Zutaten / Ingredients
- 500 g spaghetti
- 3-4 trusses cherry-tomatoes
- 1 ball of burratta
- ½ bunch of parsley
- ½ bunch of basil
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 4 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and crushed
- 2 tbsp balsamico vinegar
- 9-10 tbsp olive oil extra native
- salt, pepper
Anleitung / Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180° air circulation.
- Put the tomatoes in a flat baking dish or on a baking tray, add some salt, pepper and sprinkle with a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Put it in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes until the tomatoes are slightly caramelized.
- In the meantime, we prepare the pesto: finely chop the washed parsley leaves together with the basil leaves.
- Mix the leaves in a bowl with the Parmesan cheese and garlic and pour in the olive oil until a smooth pesto is obtained.
- Roast the pine nuts in a pan without adding fat until they are golden brown — be careful, they burn very quickly — and add the remaining balsamic vinegar. Add them to the pesto.
- If necessary, add olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions until they are al dente.
- Mix the finished pasta well with the pesto. Take the caramelized tomatoes out of the oven, tear the burratta ball into larger pieces and serve both together with the pasta.
- Sprinkle with some freshly grated pepper and serve immediately!