Well, I don’t know how about you, but I’m enjoying this summer to the fullest. I’m a real summer person and I’m reaching my full potential as soon as it gets warmer outside. What could be better than getting up early, going to the garden with a cup of coffee in your hand? Feeling the warm air, putting your feet in the grass that is still a bit wet from last night? Admittedly, lacking the garden and the grass, I need take the terrace and son’s paddling pool. Still feels very refreshing.
The high temperatures, however, reduce my desire for cooking. If it’s so hot, I really don’t have to stand in the kitchen for more than a few minutes. And certainly not feeling like eating anything warm. That’s why salads, cold soups and bowls with different fresh ingredients dominate our menu at the moment. Today, I will show you a delicious recipe for a spicy tuna bowl with lots of fresh vegetables. Tuna is considered a valuable protein supplier and thus a perfect meal after physical exertion – which, incidentally, also includes heat. Not only sushi fans will definitely love this tuna bowl – it is easy to prepare, goes fast and will fill you during the day.
Spicy Tuna Bowl
Zutaten / Ingredients
- 300 g tuna fillet fresh
- 2 carrots
- 1 bunch spring onion
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 lime
- black sesame
For the dressing:
- 2 tsp sambal oelek (hot chili paste)
- 1 pc ginger thumb-sized
- 60 ml rice vinegar
- 50 ml sunflower oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp Hoi Sin sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
Anleitung / Instructions
- Peel the ginger and finely grate with a kitchen grater. Mix well with the other dressing ingredients.
- Carefully wash and dry the lime and then zest, using only the green outer part of the peel. After that, squeeze out the lime and add the juice to the dressing.
- Wash the tuna fillet, dry with a clean kitchen towel and cut into cubes (about 1 cm). Put the fish pieces into the prepared dressing, stir well and let it stand for about 15 minutes.
- Wash and slice the cucumber. With a peeler, peel the carrots, and then cut into very thin strips. Clean the spring onion and cut into slices. Wash the coriander and finely chop.
- Place the prepared vegetables onto the plates.
- Place the marinated tuna on the vegetables, sprinkle with plenty of coriander and the grated lime peel.
- Spread some black sesame seeds over the plate and serve the bowl with a good glass of white wine. Bon Appetit!