Guys, summer is finally here! Although not yet on the calendar, but in case of temperature. I am so looking forward to the coming months! Sun, warmth, beach, our wedding in August, paddling pool on the terrace, evening picnic by the lake, a short trip to London — it will certainly not be boring. I think the overall attitude to life is quite different in summer. As soon as the temperatures start to climb, everything is somehow lighter, more beautiful and intense. Even annoying things are easier to get off the hand. You can simply slip into a summer dress or shorts in the morning and are already dressed (the same goes for the kids, which is kind of wonderful).
After work, after I usually pick up the youngest and we’ll let in water for splashing. We make a delicious lunch and then enjoy ice cream on the terrace in the shade. While the big ones are learning, I still work on something, do the household and then we prepare dinner together. We marinate the meat, stir dips, wash salad and set the table. What a great way to enjoy the warm months!
As the cherry season is just starting, I have something great for you today! This salad with cherries and serrano is a wonderfully uncomplicated, made for an evening on the terrace with a glass of rosé. With a ball of buffalo mozzarella, it is also perfect for a quick lunch, or even as a side dish to vegetarian barbecue skewers or baked feta.
Cherries and Serrano – what a great combination!
The sweetness of the cherries harmonizes perfectly with the salty Serrano ham. Of course, you can also use other air-dried ham varieties, such as Parma, Bacon or Coppa ham. And: the cherries need to be pitted — it’s just easier to eat. Yes, even if it’s more work upfront!
Late Summer Salad with Cherries and Serrano ham
Zutaten / Ingredients
- 1/2 lettuce (or corresponding amount of leaf salads)
- 2 handfuls of cherries washed and pitted
- 4 slices of Serrano ham or Prosciutto
For the dressing:
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp single cream
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- salt, pepper
Anleitung / Instructions
- For the dressing, stir the mustard with the vinegar and olive oil until smooth. Season well with the honey, salt and pepper. Then, stir in the cream with a fork.
- Dry the lettuce in a salad spinner, tear it into bite-sized pieces and serve on a plate.
- Slice the serrano ham into smaller pieces and place on the lettuce leaves.
- Cut the pitted cherries in half and add as well.
- Drizzle the finished salad with the dressing and serve immediatly.