Today just briefly in between – I recently posted the recipe for these delicious chocolate waffles on Instagram. They are made very quickly and combined with fresh fruits they taste incredibly good and are the star on any brunch or breakfast table. You can also serve them as a dessert, maybe with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
It is best to use really good quality chocolate with a high percentage of cocoa – about 70%. This ensures a really nice and rich chocolate taste, but does not make the waffles bitter. If you don’t like dark chocolate, you can of course also use milk chocolate; you may then have to reduce the amount of sugar a little bit.
For our breakfast we simply added a little Greek yogurt to our chocolate waffles and enjoyed them with fresh berries. Yummy!
Chocolate waffles with yogurt and fresh berries
Zutaten / Ingredients
- 65 g butter on room temperature
- 20 g sugar
- 1 pkg vanilla sugar
- 1 egg large
- 125 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 125 ml milk
- 20 g dark chocolate cocoa percentage of 70%
- few tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 handful of fresh berries (strawberries, blackberries,..)
Anleitung / Instructions
- Stir the softened butter with the sugar and vanilla sugar until fluffy.
- Add the egg and stir in the flour, baking powder alternately with the milk until a smooth dough is obtained.
- Melt the chocolate and add to the dough.
- Bake in a greased waffle iron portion by portion, decorate with yogurt and fresh fruit and enjoy!