Sometimes life simply forces you to take a break and scale down a little bit. That’s why I spontaneously decided to take a short summer break. It was so important for me get fresh inspiration in order not to lose the fun in everyday things. And especially if you have family and little kids, cooking definitely belongs to the latter.
After a wonderful, relaxing culinary holiday in Italy, my enthusiasm finally starts to come back and I can’t wait to share my new inspiration and recipes with you.
As a start, I wanted to share a recipe that is quickly made and light cuisine. It is perfect with an aperol spritz or chilled white wine on a warm summer evening — mozzarella with prosciutto and pea-mint pesto. When mixing the pesto, I must honestly say that I go very much according to feeling and taste. Therefore, the list of ingredients is not chiseled in stone, but is more likely to be seen as an approximate indication. Just try out what you like best and change the composition according to your preferences.
As in every recipe, for the buffalo mozzarella and the prosciutto applies: use the best quality available! As far as the peas are concerned you can resort to frozen goods.
Buffalo Mozzarella with Prosciutto and Pea-Mint Pesto
Zutaten / Ingredients
- 2 balls buffalo mozzarella top-quality
- 8-10 slices Prosciutto and Serrano ham
- 1 cup peas
- 8-10 pieces of sugar pods uncooked
- 1/2 bunch of mint
- 1 lime
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- olive oil
- salt, pepper
Anleitung / Instructions
- Wash, dry and finely chop the mint leaves. Wash the sugar pods and also finely chop them.
- Wash the lime well and rub off the outer green peel with a kitchen grater. Squeeze out the juice and set aside.
- Mix the peas, sugar pods and minced mint leaves with the lime juice, olive oil and grated Parmesan cheese to a pesto - add just as much olive oil or Parmesan cheese to get a smooth consistency (in case it becomes too firm, add a little oil or lime juice - just make sure that the pesto does not get too sour!) . Season to taste with salt, pepper and a little lime zest.
- Place the prosciutto slices on a plate, tear the buffalo mozzarella with your fingers and place them on the prosciutto.
- Drizzle with the pesto and enjoy - Bon Appetit!