Do you know this feeling when you get hungry out of nowhere for something very specific? Something that must have a special consistency and taste? That’s how we felt last weekend – outside it was cold and rainy. We made ourselves comfortable on the couch with pillows, blankets and “Horton Hears a Who” (no judgement please, the little one was very happy about it). What we lacked for a relaxing DVD afternoon was the perfect snack. It should be spicy and juicy, but also with something crunchy. A little sweet, a little salty. With these specifications and a few ingredients, these crostini were created. Including creamy brie, caramelized tomatoes and crispy baked serrano ham.
The highlight of the whole story is the honey vinegar dressing with garlic and chili. It is drizzled over the finished crostini and is the icing on the cake. It will blow you away, I promise!
For the recipe I used sweet cherry tomatoes; they have just the right amount of acid and size to caramelize perfectly in the oven. The juice of the grilled tomatoes blends with the spicy honey-vinegar dressing and also perfectly with the creamy brie and crispy fried Serrano slices. Sooo yummy!
The recipe is simply a culinary hit and a full success – I could not wait to share it with you!
For more starters and snacks, click here.
Brie crostini with caramelized tomatoes and crispy Serrano
Zutaten / Ingredients
- 10 slices ciabatta bread or baguette
- 200 g Brie cheese sliced
- 3 trusses of cherry tomatoes
- 10 slices Serrano ham
- 6-7 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt, pepper
Für das Dressing:
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove peeled and crushed
- ½ chili chopped
- salt, pepper
Anleitung / Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180° C top and bottom heat.
- Wash the tomatoes and put them on a baking tray. Drizzle with half of the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until the tomatoes burst and lightly caramelize.
- Place the ciabatta slices on a second baking tray and drizzle them with the remaining olive oil. Allow to brown in the oven for about 5 minutes and remove them.
- Turn the bread and put the brie slices on top. Again, put them in the oven and bake for another 5 minutes until the cheese melts. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- In the meantime, prepare the dressing: mix the honey with the cider vinegar, add the garlic and chili. Let it brew for a few minutes.
- As soon as the tomatoes are ready, remove them from the oven and spread over the crostini. Drizzle with the dressig and enjoy. Bon Appetit!