In the last few weeks, things have been a bit busy — but in a very positive way. We were on the road a lot: wellness at Achensee, we traveled to the Europapark with the children and had a lot of fun despite school and work stress. This is also the reason why we haven’t planned anything special for the Easter weekend. We’ll stay at home and enjoy a few days off together without an agenda. We’ll go for a walk in the sunshile, read until the early hours and cook together. One of the things that is certainly on our cooking and baking list is our all-time favorite: banana bread with chia seeds, walnuts and cashews.
This cake is really easy to make and tastes so juicy and good that it is usually eaten within two hours. Basically, I could bake it by the metre – this is how quickly it’s gone. You can vary it as you like and add other nuts or chopped dates. We love it exactly as it is described in the recipe — it is the perfect mix of juicy dough and firm walnuts and cashews.
To be very honest: I don’t really like bananas, but I really love this cake. You definitely need to try it!
banana bread with chia seeds, walnuts and cashews
Zutaten / Ingredients
- 120 g butter soft, on room temperature
- 150 g all-purpose flour
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 150 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- at discretion chia seeds, walnuts, cashews
Anleitung / Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 175° C (347 °F) top and bottom heat. Grease a loaf pan (25 cm) with butter or simply lay it out with baking paper.
- Beat and froth the softened butter with the eggs and the sugar for a few minutes.
- Peel the ripe bananas and crush them with a fork. Add the banana puree to the egg-butter-sugar mixture.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder, salt and cinnamon and gradually work into the dough.
- Break the walnuts and cashews into smaller pieces if necessary. Add to the dough together with the chia seeds and stir well.
- Pour the finished dough into the pan and bake on a medium rail for about 50 minutes until the cake is golden brown.
I wish you the most beautiful Easter weekend — have a great one!